Wednesday, January 28, 2009

John 0...Death +2

Lost two patients last weekend, one to CA and the other to a PE that hit him outta no where. I had been working with the two guys really close and I wasn't ready to get this kind of news, it honestly was the last thing on my mind that a patient would pass away! But, a majority of the patients here at the VA are really sick and that's the harse reality that I'm coming to realize. If only Danny was here with his amazing Differential Dx skills maybe the score would be different?

1 comment:

caroljean said...

One of the ladies that I have been seeing also passed away. But it was crazy because she had been doing really good the previous week...going for long walks and feisty as ever. Then all of sudden her body shut down on her I guess. It's an odd/sad feeling when one of your patient's pass away.