Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wound Care....

Hey guys! I definitely need to get into PT shape. Each day it's harder and harder to get out of bed because my legs are so tired! On friday, I thought it was going to be a slow day. My CI has been out of town so I've been seeing a couple patients on my own and then following another PT. We were doing paperwork when Kim got a phone call from a surgeon who was actually in the middle of his procedure in the OR. He asked if she would be willing to come into the OR and help him. He wanted her opinion about a potential wound care pt. She let me go with her which was pretty awesome. I got to scrub up! I was not prepared for what I was about to see....We walked in to find a middle aged man with his feet in stirrups. It was a scrotal wound! It was the biggest thing I've ever seen...the wound! It extended from his scrotum all the way to his butt and was probably 8-10 inches wide. The PT I was with put a wound vac on him. I did a lot of handing her stuff and no touching. It was intense. Anyways...it's been going pretty good overall. I definitely miss all of you. FYI: wound care is not for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm impressed jacquelyne! i might have passed out on the floor!