Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My most embarrassing moment

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that fainted on my first day of clinical. I'm in the acute care setting at North Hills Hospital, where my CI sees mainly wound care...who knew? So I went in with my CI to see my first pt. The pt is a tetraplegic with three wounds and a bag with his poo...which had exploded. The wounds were about 2" long, 1" wide, and 1 1/2" deep in his abdomen. I thought I was fine but then I started to feel a little dizzy and then I woke up on the floor with my CI and a doctor in my face. Then I was wheeled off in a W/C. Thankfully I didn't really hit anything but the floor and I just have a few sore spots. It was so embarrassing...and then I couldn't hold in the tears. Luckily, my CI didn't see that part. Thankfully, yesterday afternoon and today was much better. Hope you all had a less eventful first day than me!

1 comment:

Alix said...

Oh Carol baby I'm sorry! I've been there! Good luck tomorrow!